Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Letter to You

My dear little one,

I have been dreaming of you all my life. I've wanted you since before I knew that it was you I yearned for. Since my youth I have felt you calling to me. I would sit in class and watch out the window as the trees swayed to a beautiful calling, feeling the warm breeze soft on my face. I swear I could almost hear your whisper. In college I would stand at the large windows looking out over the campus, distracted by a call and a desire I didn't know or understand. I'd fill the rooms of my life with friends and lovers, games and movies, hobbies and studies, but always I was looking out that window. I was being called by something. I would think to myself, what's out there? Why am I still searching? I grew up and so did my understanding of you. One day I knew, and it was like I had known all along. You have always been in my heart. Each day I look forward to meeting you. I imagine the tiny hands, the late nights, and the first steps. I can close my eyes and see us in the fall, we're playing in the leaves, your laugher, and your tiny hand holding mine. I can see the day when my kisses will no longer heal all wounds and you'll learn the truth about the world. My heart hurts to know that even when I finally meet you, I will only hold you for a while. The day will come when you no longer hold my hand. Someday, you'll walk away from me, holding the hand of a lover and this moment, this one right here, you will know it as I do. I love you, and I can't wait to meet you. I wish upon every star in the sky. I want to show you everything. You are my everything, my little one.

Til the time has come,

me

No comments:

Post a Comment